Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sir Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar....... Indeed

A National Hero
I was born in 1987. Two years hence, a legend started in 1989. To call him just a legend would be a felony of first order. Ever since I remember myself I remember him. He is as much a part of my conscience and life as anything else that I know. I still vividly recall the year 1998 when in Sharjah, UAE He destroyed and displayed improbable strength and magnificence even as the desert storms were lurching around the corner. It was as if the evil was at work to stop the God from spreading goodness that day. It failed. Miserably too. Over the years, the mudslingers and maligners kept on rocketing mud at Him even as he so meticulously kept on piling goodness and brilliance. He still remains a paradigm of grandeur and as I see it, the one and the last one to carry the flames of "class". Year 1998, at around one hour past midnight the whole colony of residents were watching the God at work. Even as he smashed the balls here and there, we were on the edge, murmuring prayers for His victory.
You were awestruck with his precise cover drives and the trademark straight drives. It was as if he was using a ruler for every shot he played, or as I wondered often during that time, if his bat was like a ballistic missile, always hitting the target. Sometimes you see these kids scoring heavily and being compared with the master. Now who will tell these experts that the 'means are as important as the ends'. It is not only the runs He has scored but the absolute delight he would give to anyone watching Him score those runs that is so unique about Him. Of course, I believe someone in the future might break his records but the exquisite manner in which he scored each and every run can never be replicated........not over yet

-Sunny Gusain

1 comment:

swati said...

Undoubtedly the GOD of Cricket...