Monday, March 19, 2018

Dear GOD: Letter from an atheist

I grew up in a lower middle class god loving family. Although I must admit that the portrait of half elephant-half human form God did give me jitters as a child. I was petrified to stay alone in the house with that gross looking elephant God. I would avoid looking at the portrait for the fear of being killed or mutilated. Of course, my fears were exaggerated as nothing of that sort happened during my childhood. I was delighted that the Elephant God never devoured me for dinner but this gave me a sense of invincibility against any sorts of God, be it the monkey God or the tongue wagging, multi-
headed feminine Goddess. I was scared of myriad forms of Gods. Many a times I would just wake up in the middle of the night and sneak my head out the blanket only to find the Monkey God staring right into my soul and immediately I would hide under the covers. After all is said and done, I did have some rewarding sessions with the Gods helping me get some good grades in exams,  or so I thought. I've truly wanted to ask God if he indeed existed for then it would spare the Gallons of blood that has been spilled over his Name.

-Sunny Gusain

No comments: