Monday, March 21, 2011

EPF: Employee Provident Fund or Employee Pure Frustration

PF(Pure Frustration)
Would you believe it, for the past 4 hours I have been trying to find out one little thing, nothing more just ONE LITTLE THING. Now is the time to write what it is( else I will forget?). I have been trying to get the status of my current Provident Fund balance online. And what have I figured out after spending 4 damn hours on the same??? That, as of now, it's just not possible to know your balance online. There is no such IT infrastructure present that could help you to do that. We talk about India's IT superpower status and this is what we get in the public services sphere. More than 5.5 crore subscribers and still the Employee's Provident Fund (EPF) system is so outdated and in shambles that it is better to forget about your nmoney than see it growing or checking for the status of your claims. I mean how difficult it is to get things online, computerise the whole system given the fact that we have such a huge IT industry. What to say about the transparency of the GOI. But thats the way it is...................,,,,,,,,,,just keep hoping ,,,,,,,;)
-Sunny Gusain

No comments: