Saturday, December 25, 2010

''I have come not to teach but to awaken''

Dear Baba

It's been a long time since I visited you. In fact, it's been over an year that I even thought about you. The only time I remembered you in the past year was when I was scared or I was in some preconceived danger. Why is it that I have become an atheist in spite of your presence all around me. Am I in some dark hole where no light boding knowledge can pass through that could illuminate me? Am I an atheist? The question arises each time I walk out in the night in the small field around my apartment. I look up in the sky and ask myself, "How the hell can such a huge Universe be made without some help from the divine?

The stars, the meteors, the comets, the dark holes, the planets,.......and endless other heavenly bodies scream to tell the story of its creation and to tell the glory of the Divine. I was watching ''Mission to Mars", the movie, yesterday, which as it was, an absolute masterpiece. It reminded me of the enormous possibilities that surround us. Huge possibilities and opportunities that we are yet to explore and the astronomical enigmas that we are yet to see. The movie was a foretelling of the inevitable truth that we will explore in the future. And when that is done and we do see life penetrating elsewhere other then earth, we will all become divine. It's will bring an end to the word ''Impossible'' and the tagline ''Impossible is Nothing" will become the order of the day. Till then we can only hope.

-Sunny Gusain

No comments: