Tuesday, August 7, 2012

But why but why but why

Whose clutches are these, 
Which so strongly hold me, 
How can I liberate myself, 
When liberation itself is confinement, 
How can I fight and win, 
When loss is a synonym of winning, 
When why is the question, 
With 'but why' as its only answer, 
When you know the reason and the reasoning 
With defeat and defeat as your only reading 
Why can't I be put to sleep with a mother's care, 
But will sleep be able to bear this unbearable ache, 
When the words of love spoken cease to matter 
And the only real word left to care is despair, 
When the only prayer to God is the prayer of death 
With only a hope of Him acceding to your demands 
But why but why but why and that's how I go off to sleep 
But why but why but why but why.........

-Sunny Gusain

No comments: